January 3, 2013

The dress, the story

Hello all,

My first post...oh how I have waited for this. I have been charmed by the world of blogging since long...my day starts with looking at Instagram and then looking at the blogs while having breakfast...its official, in my world, blogs have replaced newspapers...I digress...this post is not about my obsession with blogs but this dress that I made....

The Dress




{Dress - Self made, Similar dresses - Budget, SomeWhat Budget, Spend, Splurge, For Baby Mama}
{Shoes - Enzo Angiolini from DSW, Necklace - Similar}

The Story

Confession - I love dresses and ever since I learned sewing...I have been looking for the best fabrics, the best patterns. I used McCall's pattern (M2401) and the fabric is from Fabric.com (sold out right now, but there are alternatives available). For the record this pattern is the best sheath dress pattern. Again I digress...while making this dress I learnt that imperfections are okay especially, if they aren't visible. I love this dress, I mean I really love this dress. You wouldn't know that the lining in this dress is a little burnt. While pressing the seams the lining got burnt at the neck, really small area but I would always be able to see it. I had two options - take out all the seams, cut the lining and do it again or live with it. I am always in search of perfection, but this time I weighed the time needed to do that and decided to live with it. And you know what, I don't even see it anymore. 
The dress taught me that imperfections are okay...I guess they build character right? What do you think?

-Mitali