April 21, 2013

Be You and only you...


I found this tee in Old Navy and while I never buy tees with anything written on it, I liked this one. I mean I really liked this one, for many reasons - the color, the wash but mainly for what it said - BE YOU. I must admit that I haven't always been truly myself. I was and to a certain extent I still am a shy person and this shyness always came in way for being or saying what I really wanted. I thought it was better to like everyone else that be myself. And then there came a point, when I wanted to be me and know myself. This was actually one of the reasons why I have this blog. While I am (yes I am!!) terrified as hell of having myself out there, I am glad I am doing this and I do hope that in the years to come I find what I am looking for, Me. 

I am sure most of you have seen this video, it truly captures our (I know I speak for a lot of us) notion about ourself. How we judge ourself more than required, how we are most critical of ourselves and in all this we miss to see the true self. If you haven't seen this video yet, I urge you to please see it, it will touch you and change the way your look at yourself for sure!! 

- Mitali


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?