January 23, 2013

The very first skirt...



 {Top - Forever 21 similar and similar in green, Coat - Guess via Macy's}
{Shoes - Coach similar, Bracelet - JCrew Factory sold out but available on ebay here}

The very first skirt that I ever made. I followed the New Look 6843 pattern, view B with very minor alterations.

A word about the pattern - Simple skirt and although the illustration isn't exactly too inspiring, it is a good pattern. I had no sewing experience and this pattern was great for a start. It has 6 darts, button and yes, a lapped zipper. Most of the things that I learnt while making this skirt, I find myself applying it to almost all the projects that I make or have made. 

And although it is a very simple cotton skirt, I think I will keep it forever (yes I am that kind of hoarder).

- Mitali