January 30, 2013

Plastic + Leather = Pleather




Here are the Details:
 {Top - Self made, similar here and here, Jeans - American eagle, Bracelet - Forever21
{Also found this amazing faux leather sleeve blazer on sale!!! }

Top with pleather sleeves...Pleather when I first read the label on this material in Joann, I immediately thought of making sleeves out of it. And then the husband remarked "You really want plastic sleeves" which only made it even more exciting for me. And also, I really wanted to learn to sew leather (or leather like material in this case!). So this was ideal starting point (it was on sale + coupon). The front and back of the top are boucle fabric. I used McCalls Pattern 2818. A word about the pattern, a great pattern to learn fits, all the instructions are clearly written. The only problem - buttons on the back which look great but not too wearable.

But that aside I think I really like the way it turned out, what do you think?

-Mitali