February 12, 2013

A take on Fashion Star - McCalls 6553



{Dress - self made, similar here, Coat - Target, Booties - Target, Watch - Michael Kors}

Do you remember Fashion Star? Although I did not follow the series all the way through, I did watch the episode when Kara presented this design and I knew I wanted it. I could never make to the Saks to buy this one and when McCalls came up with a pattern, I immediately bought it. Although I am late in making this one (I bought the pattern in Nov last year), I am just happy I made it. And I love the outcome and what is better is that it can be worn in different ways (will feature the variations soon). 

By the way, this is also my first non-sheath dress and I never thought I would like the flared skirt so much. The husband gave me an advice on "how to wear this dress", really he did in a very serious tone said - "Please don't wear it when it is windy outside"...lol...point taken.

P.S - This is what I am wearing to work today.

- Mitali