March 10, 2013

Chunky cowl, cheat code

I love knitting but it takes me a long time to finish a  project. And someone once said to me, "Never start anything you cannot finish". So with this project, I cheated a little...





So this is how I cheated and made my way through this project. I knitted with two strands of yarn. So every stitch was done with two strands of yarn. The benefits, you get a real chunky cowl and it takes much less time than usual. I had been looking for a chunky cowl since the longest time, Gap had a few but I never got to the store to get them. So I made one myself, and may I say myself, I am pretty pleased with the result. 

Here is the pattern - 
The pattern is quite simple, it is seed stitch, I didn't  knit in circle but instead made a rectangular piece and stitched the ends together.
1) Cast on even number of stitches. (Remember each stitch is casted on with two strands of yarn instead of one.)
2) * Knit 1, purl 1, repeat from * across
3) * Purl 1, knit 1, repeat from * across
4) Continue step 2 and 3 until the cowl becomes desired length.
5) Bind off
6) Stitch the ends of the knit together 


- Mitali