May 15, 2013

Love thy skirt...




Obligatory shoe gazing photo
Skirt - Selfmade similar here, Top - JCrew similar here 
Shoes - Enzo Angiolini via DSW, Necklace - Self made DIY post here

Here it is, here it is....my Dior look alike skirt. Can you imagine my excitement when Monica sent me the image I posted yesterday here? I hope you can. Because I was excited beyond words can tell. Can you blame me, wouldn't you be? 

Now for the story of this skirt, it is self-drafted. I fell in love with this fabric at Joann (still available here) and bought it last november. This is one of the few fabrics that did not get stashed away in my fabric lot for even a single day. I started working on it as soon as I bought it. And even though I may probably never get to wear it (unless it is a really really fancy event!!), I had to make it...and quite frankly I love the way it turned out. What do you think??

P.S - If anyone from the "sewing world" wants me to do DIY kind of post for this skirt, please leave a comment or drop me an email :)

- Mitali