May 28, 2013

Flared






{Pants - Self made similar here and here, Shirt - Express, Bag - Target similar}

Here they are, my first pair of pants. I am actually quite pleased with the way they turned out. I should say though, a lot went into making them. It isn't that they were too complicated to make  but there was just a lot to do. Plus I also used my serger in this project for the edges. And I never realized how many pieces went into making a pant until i made this. And the fit, I only altered a little but in case of pants, a little goes a long way. I used Simplicity pattern 2562 and if anyone is planning to use this pattern, know that these are very flared, I mean very flared.

As for the pants, you can see the are wide legged, very wide legged. And you know what I love the flare. I like the room, good break from the skinnies, won't you say!!