May 4, 2016

Tulle and the skirt


(Skirt - Self made)

Hello, I hope you all missed me and if you don't want to miss me, you can follow me on instagram - here.

I used a simple full skirt pattern to make this skirt. To make this skirt, follow the steps below -
 Material - Tulle fabric, matching lining and 1.5" elastic - Fabric is from Vogue Fabrics, Evanston. I did not want any seams in my skirt, so I cut a full circle which required more fabric. You could probably save on fabric, if you are okay with side seams. I looked on the internet and this tutorial by A Beautiful Mess is pretty good.
I also made a simple casing with the lining material for my elastic so that it matched the skirt. 

I really like the way it turned out except it was pretty difficult to work with tulle. This was my first time with tulle and I would like to work more with this fabric before I label it as difficult. One thing I read a lot on the internet was to use fabric softener to soften the fabric before using it. I made the initial few layers with softened tulle but found it to be too slipper. I made the rest of the layers with non pre-treated tulle and it was much easier.

Overall, loving the skirt. Thanks to Monica from TheStreetEdit.com for modelling the skirt. Check out TheStreetEdit.com for fashion, style and much more.

1 comment:

  1. The skirt is beautiful. Really nice for a dressy occasion. Love the color too.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?