March 9, 2016

Floral Love








Pattern - McCalls M5927 (here)

Hello you,
First, thanks for visiting, even though I have been absconding for almost a week. Promises to self - create more, post more.

Second, lets talk about this pattern. This one is McCalls M5927. I think I got this pattern at Joann's in their pattern sale. Initially I had planned to make this dress with some other fabric but when I saw this fabric, I had to buy it (even when I knew I would cross over to fabric hoarder category with this one more). So after no contemplation I started making it. Armed with pattern, I was ready. 

About the pattern -
Good
It is a pretty simple pattern, not too many pieces. Points for the pockets. The pattern also has variations which is always a plus. 
Bad -Not So Good - 
There isn't anything bad about the pattern. I think that the pattern is more suited for a boyish figure with the placement of the seam at the waist. The pleats in the front are awesome but could be a little unflattering from certain angles.

Alterations -
Made - 
a) Back - I made a V neck in the back. Nothing too daring, I know.
b) Sleeves - I kept the sleeves elbow length. Pattern has cap sleeves and full sleeves.

Wish I had made - 
a) I wish I had taken in the back a little bit more to accommodate the V-neck. 
b) I do think that the front neck is a little high for me. I should have dropped it by 1"-1.5"   

Don't get me wrong, I do like the dress and the way it turned out. That's the joy of handmade.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?