March 15, 2016

Skirt Game








Skirt - Draped, Fabric - Fabric.com, Scarf - Silk (Hand painted)

Here it is, my very first draped skirt :) I know it is an easy one but hey it still counts. 
The skirt is an A-line skirt with 2 small pleats in front on either side to add some interest to otherwise simple silhouette. The fabric is from fabric.com from a stash that I managed to keep for over a year. I would be busting out my stash now. 

To make the skirt, I first made a muslin as this was first time draping. I draped the muslin of the skirt, added the pleats, added a 3" waistband and 7" invisible zipper on the side. My muslin was very rough and I was really unsure of my skills. But when transferred on final fabric, it started looking better. The fabric is pretty heavy so did not want to a hem I guess it would have dropped and looked uneven. I just serged the hem and left it like that. 

Few words about the scarf - I recently took up silk painting and this is my first scarf. I ordered the scarfs and silk painting supplies from DharmaTrading.com and they were very quick.

Also, special thanks to the gorgeous Monica from thestreetedit.com. I made the skirt for her and needless to say she styled it perfectly. See more of her style and my writing on thestreetedit.com.

Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?